Sunday, February 23, 2014

Alice Eleanor

She's here....and a week early at that!  We are so excited to announce the birth of our 2nd daughter, Alice Eleanor, born on October 24th at 9:10am, weighing 7lbs 13oz and 21.5" long!

Wow, as usual, we are completely smitten with our 3rd blessing from God!  Alice had been letting me know for over a week that she was really getting ready to make her grand entrance, as I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions since my 38 week appointment.  Every time I would actually stop and remember to pay attention to them (vs ignoring and telling myself there is no way she would come early), they would be sporadic and nothing I felt was worthy of heading to the hospital.  Right after my 39-week appointment, I just knew that there was no way she was waiting any longer.  I went to bed on Wednesday night and woke at 3am with contractions.  I finally thought to myself that I should get up and pay attention, and I'm sure glad that I did; after an hour of very strong, consistent contractions, I woke Evan up and quickly got our things around.  We arrived at the hospital a little before 6am and this little lady was here in no time!

She was rather feisty right after she was born, as she was crying and crying nonstop.  Evan and I just looked at each other and wondered what life now had in store for us!  As per usual, we didn't decide on a name until well after she was born, but both felt in the end that Alice was the name chosen for her.  

More to come on this sweet little lady!

Long fingers just like her older sister!

So little, and so precious


Another one of daddy's little girls

Love those eyes!


Meeting her older siblings for the 1st time!




1 comment:

  1. I love these pics, Em! I hadn't seen many of them. Such precious faces (all of them!).

    ReplyDelete